Kale…perhaps one of the greatest foods on the planet, so let’s talk about it. It can be eaten a million different ways & it is soooo good & good for you.
Let’s start with the health benefits:
So maybe now you’re thinking…ok, but I don’t like kale. (If that’s the case, there might be something wrong with you.) Here are some amazing ways to eat/drink kale.
1. Drink it! My favorite way to drink it is what I like to call a Reece Cup smoothie. Throw all of this in the blender:
- A bunch of kale: 2 or 3 or 4 handfuls
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 or 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana
- Any other fruits or veggies you want to add (you probably won’t be able to taste them, but they add healthy fillers to give you a bigger, more filling drink)
2. Have a salad. Yes, kale is good raw & it’s really crunchy. Here are some links to tasty kale salads:
Crunchy Kale Salad (I’ve made this one & it’s yummy!) http://tarastiles.com/blog/green-river-juice-crunchy-kale-salad/
Kale Cabbage Goddess Salad http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2013/03/kale-cabbage-goddess-salad/
Kale Edamame & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/09/kale-edamame-and-quinoa-salad-with-lemon-vinaigrette/
Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad http://www.eatliverun.com/kale-and-brussels-sprouts-salad/
Black Rice Salad with Cherries, Baby Kale, Halloumi Cheese and Mint (I’ll skip the cheese.) http://www.feastingathome.com/2012/07/the-summer-day.html#.UbCV0-fVAxG